Monday, February 16Daily News

News

Box Office: ‘Trap’ Chops Up $6.7 Million Opening Day, ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Reigning Again With Massive Second Weekend

Box Office: ‘Trap’ Chops Up $6.7 Million Opening Day, ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Reigning Again With Massive Second Weekend

News
By J. Kim Murphy According To The variety)  The self-proclaimed Marvel Jesus is in for a big second coming. “Deadpool & Wolverine” is dominating the charts again after earning $28.3 million on Friday. As the Ryan Reynolds-Hugh Jackman superhero two-hander enters its sophomore frame, it has already surpassed a $300 million domestic total and now ranks as the second-highest-grossing domestic release of the year so far, surging past “Despicable Me 4” and “Dune: Part Two.” What’s more, “Deadpool & Wolverine” seems primed to put up a much stronger hold than the average comic book adaptation. Superhero blockbusters can often see big drops in their second weekends after the first surge of fans have rushed to see the film. Rivals are putting the Disney release at a 55% drop thou...
Vince Vaughn Says R-Rated Comedies Aren’t Made Anymore Because the ‘People in Charge Don’t Want to Get Fired’: They ‘Overthink It’

Vince Vaughn Says R-Rated Comedies Aren’t Made Anymore Because the ‘People in Charge Don’t Want to Get Fired’: They ‘Overthink It’

News
By Michaela Zee According To The variety)  Vince Vaughn believes Hollywood execs are too cautious nowadays when it comes to financing the type of R-rated comedies that launched his career. Vaughn — known for comedy films such as “Swingers,” “Old School” and “Wedding Crashers” — shared his thoughts on the decline of raunchy R-rated comedies during a recent appearance on “Hot Ones.” “They just overthink it,” Vaughn said. “And it’s like, it’s crazy, you get these rules, like, if you did geometry, and you said 87 degrees was a right angle, then all your answers are messed up, instead of 90 degrees. So there became some idea or concept, like, they would say something like, ‘You have to have an IP.’” Vaughn used the board game Battleship, which inspired the 2012 film o...
Wesley Snipes Breaks Two Guinness World Records After Blade Return in ‘Deadpool & Wolverine

Wesley Snipes Breaks Two Guinness World Records After Blade Return in ‘Deadpool & Wolverine

News
By Michaela ZeeBy Michaela Zee According To The variety)  SPOILER ALERT: This story contains spoilers for “Deadpool & Wolverine,” which is now playing in theaters. Wesley Snipes has broken two Guinness World Records after making a unexpected appearance as Blade in “Deadpool & Wolverine.” The actor’s return as the half-vampire “daywalker” in superhero threequel comes 25 years and 340 days after he first played the character in 1998’s “Blade,” according to Guinness World Records, securing him the record of the longest career as a live-action Marvel character. Snipes beat out his co-star Hugh Jackman, whose first appearance as Wolverine came 24 years ago in 2000’s “X-Men.” Snipes’ surprise cameo as Blade also earned him another Guinness World ...
Marvel Removes 2026 Title, Searchlight’s ‘A Real Pain’ Moves to November in Major Disney Release Date Update

Marvel Removes 2026 Title, Searchlight’s ‘A Real Pain’ Moves to November in Major Disney Release Date Update

News
By Adam B. Vary According To The variety)  Disney released a sizable update to its film release calendar on Friday that staked claim to 11 release dates in 2027 for untitled projects from the main studio as well as Marvel, Pixar and Disney Animation. More immediately, Searchlight’s Sundance hit “A Real Pain” from writer-director-star Jesse Eisenberg will now open in limited release on Nov. 1, moving from Oct. 18. The most extensive changes on the calendar pertained to announcements Marvel Studios made on July 27 at San Diego Comic-Con: “Avengers: Doomsday” replaces “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” on May 1, 2026, and the titles for “The Fantastic Four: First Steps” and “Thunderbolts*” were updated.  Marvel also dropped an untitled film that had been scheduled fo...
AMC Theatres Reports $32.8 Million Quarterly Loss Thanks to Hollywood Strikes, Summer Movie Flops 

AMC Theatres Reports $32.8 Million Quarterly Loss Thanks to Hollywood Strikes, Summer Movie Flops 

News
By Brent Lang According To The variety)  A frosty start to the summer movie season was devastating for AMC Theatres, the world’s biggest exhibitor. The theater chain’s quarterly earnings were severely impacted by a lack of blockbusters, with studio films like “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga,” “The Fall Guy” and “Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 1″ all collapsing at the box office. AMC is placing much of the blame on the actors and writers strikes, which delayed production for months last year and left theaters with fewer big movies to show in 2024. Revenue at the theater chain fell 23.5% to $1.03 billion during the three-month period ending in June, down from $1.35 billion in the prior-year period. Net loss for the three months also widened to $32.8 million compared with a p...
Extra Kissed by Francis Ford Coppola in ‘Megalopolis’ Set Video Breaks Silence: ‘I Was in Shock’

Extra Kissed by Francis Ford Coppola in ‘Megalopolis’ Set Video Breaks Silence: ‘I Was in Shock’

News
By Tatiana Siegel, Brent Lang According To The variety)  An extra on the set of Francis Ford Coppola’s “Megalopolis” has come forward to describe the “shock” she felt after the director kissed her during the filming of a scene. Her comments come a week after Variety published videos of the Oscar-winning filmmaker milling through a crowd while stopping to kiss female background actors. One of the women in the video, Lauren Pagone, who appeared in multiple scenes in “Megalopolis” as an extra, says she was dancing in the middle of a live take of a nightclub sequence when Coppola approached her and pulled her toward him. He then hugged and kissed her. “I was in shock. I didn’t expect him to kiss and hug me like that. I was caught off guard. And I can...
Bob Dylan Experts Embrace Timothée Chalamet and Praise His Singing Voice After ‘A Complete Unknown’ Trailer: ‘Even the Most Cynical Fans Will Be Excited Now

Bob Dylan Experts Embrace Timothée Chalamet and Praise His Singing Voice After ‘A Complete Unknown’ Trailer: ‘Even the Most Cynical Fans Will Be Excited Now

News
By Ethan Shanfeld According To The variety)  The odds were stacked against Timothée Chalamet long before those set photos trickled online. By just signing up to play Bob Dylan in James Mangold’s forthcoming bio-drama “A Complete Unknown,” the 28-year-old megastar willingly placed himself in the crosshairs of Dylan’s most devoted fans — who, let’s be honest, are not easily impressed. When paparazzi pics of Chalamet dressed in character seeped onto social media, the response was largely negative. Dylan fanatics, or Dylanologists as they self-identify, lost faith in the project and picked apart every detail of Chalamet’s Greenwich Village getup, and a photo of the actor wrapped in an enormous (and rather hideous) scarf quickly became meme fodder. But then the t...
deneme bonusu veren siteler - canlı bahis siteleri - casino siteleri casino siteleri deneme bonusu veren siteler canlı casino siteleri 301 Moved Permanently

301 Moved Permanently


nginx/1.24.0 (Ubuntu)