Monday, February 16Daily News

Tag: hollywood

Wicked,’ ‘Moana 2’ and Other Holiday Hits Lift AMC Theatres Quarterly Earnings, Losses Shrink to $135.6 Million

Wicked,’ ‘Moana 2’ and Other Holiday Hits Lift AMC Theatres Quarterly Earnings, Losses Shrink to $135.6 Million

News
By Brent Lang According To The variety Wicked,” “Moana 2” and holiday hits like “Mufasa: The Lion King” lifted quarterly earnings at AMC Entertainment. Revenues at the world’s largest movie chain hit $1.3 billion, up more than 15% from the $1.1 billion that it reported in the year-ago period. Losses at AMC narrowed from $182 million in the prior-year period to $135.6 million in the most recent quarter. There was a diluted loss per-share of 18 cents compared to a loss of 54 cents in the year-ago period. Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization more than tripled from $49.9 million to $164.8 million. AMC’s quarterly losses included a non-cash impairment charge of $106.9 million, which it said stemmed from “long-lived assets.” More moviegoers bought t...
Roberto Orci, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Transformers’ Writer-Producer, Dies at 51

Roberto Orci, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Transformers’ Writer-Producer, Dies at 51

News
By Jack Dunn According To The variety Roberto Orci, the writer-producer behind the late 2000s reboots of “Star Trek” and “Transformers” and creator of “Fringe,” died Tuesday in his Los Angeles home from kidney disease, Variety has confirmed. He was 51. With partner Alex Kurtzman, Orci co-wrote projects including 2007’s “Transformers” and 2009’s “Star Trek.” Orci’s other credits include producing work on the “Now You See Me” franchise, “Ender’s Game” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” as well as writing credits on “Mission Impossible 3.” On the TV side, Orci and Kurtzman developed the 2010 reboot of “Hawaii Five-0” which ran for over 200 episodes. He also created “Sleepy Hollow” and “Fringe” for Fox. Born in Mexico, Orci attended Crossroads School in Los Angeles where he met...
Deadpool’ Creator Says Kevin Feige Should ‘Get Off the Mound. He’s Spent’ as ‘Captain America: Brave New World’ Suffers Huge Box Office Drop

Deadpool’ Creator Says Kevin Feige Should ‘Get Off the Mound. He’s Spent’ as ‘Captain America: Brave New World’ Suffers Huge Box Office Drop

News
By Zack Sharf According To The variety Captain America: Brave New World” fell at the box office with a 68% drop in its second weekend, marking the third biggest drop of the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far after flops like “The Marvels” (78% drop) and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” (69% drop). “Deadpool” creator Rob Liefeld reacted to the news with a blunt statement on X about the president of Marvel Studios: “Get [Kevin] Feige off the mound. He’s spent.” Liefeld announced earlier this month that he is cutting ties with Marvel after he and his family weren’t invited to Disney’s afterparty at last July’s “Deadpool & Wolverine” premiere. He said on his podcast at the time that Disney’s decision was “meant to embarrass, diminish and defea...
Rachel Zegler Says Live-Action ‘Snow White’ Backlash Is Due to ‘Passion’ For the Original Movie: ‘We’re Not Always Going to Agree With Everyone’

Rachel Zegler Says Live-Action ‘Snow White’ Backlash Is Due to ‘Passion’ For the Original Movie: ‘We’re Not Always Going to Agree With Everyone’

News
By Jack Dunn According To The variety “Snow White” star Rachel Zegler says the backlash against Disney‘s latest live-action remake is due to “passion” for the original film. While Disney’s live-action re-releases have seen better days since 2019’s “The Lion King,” the “Snow White” rehash has been a particular point of contention in some circles due to Zegler’s Columbian heritage. The outrage came to a head when the “Y2K” star called the 1937 original “dated,” featuring a prince that “literally stalks” Snow White. Zegler now says she interprets the controversies as an overprotective reaction to a beloved Disney classic. “I interpret people’s sentiments towards this film as passion,” Zegler told Vogue Mexico. “What an honor to be a part of something tha...
Technicolor Begins to Shut Down Operations ‘Due to Inability to Find New Investors

Technicolor Begins to Shut Down Operations ‘Due to Inability to Find New Investors

News
By Carolyn Giardina According To The variety Following a weekend during which it tried to make 11th hour deals to save the company and its brands, Technicolor Group CEO Caroline Parot sent a memo to employees Monday, writing “due to inability to find new investors for the full Group, despite extensive efforts, [Paris-headquartered] Technicolor Group has filed for Court ‘recovery procedure’ before the French Court of Justice to give a chance to enable to find solutions.” Technicolor encompasses VFX giant MPC (“Mufasa,” “The Lion King”), commercial VFX brand The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games. A total shutdown of MPC and Technicolor’s operations would affect thousands of visual effects workers in countries include the U.S., UK, Canada and India. T...
Conclave’ Cast Reacts to Pope Francis Being in Critical Condition: ‘I Really Wish Him Well’

Conclave’ Cast Reacts to Pope Francis Being in Critical Condition: ‘I Really Wish Him Well’

News
By Katcy Stephan According To The variety As Pope Francis remains in critical condition with early kidney failure, the events of “Conclave” have never felt more timely. The cast of the movie, who took home the top honor of best film ensemble at Sunday night’s SAG Awards, took a moment to send well wishes to Pope Francis during the ceremony. “First of all, we would like to wish Pope Francis a quick recovery,” star Isabella Rossellini said before the cast teed up a montage of the film. When the “Conclave” ensemble was later asked in the winners’ room about their thoughts on Pope Francis’ recent health issues and the potential for a real-life conclave in the near future, Rossellini stepped up to the press room mic, citing her perspective as an Italian woman. “P...
SAG Awards Blow the Oscar Race Wide Open as Timothée Chalamet, ‘Conclave’ Surge in Wildest Awards Season in Years

SAG Awards Blow the Oscar Race Wide Open as Timothée Chalamet, ‘Conclave’ Surge in Wildest Awards Season in Years

News
By Clayton Davis According To The variety If you thought predicting this year’s Academy Awards would be easy, the Screen Actors Guild Awards just proved otherwise. Voted on by more than 150,000 SAG-AFTRA members, the SAG Awards reaffirmed what has been true all season: Several major Oscar categories remain wide open with just one week to go before the ceremony. Coming off a dominant showing at the BAFTA Awards, Edward Berger’s Vatican thriller “Conclave” took home the top prize for best cast ensemble. With victories at both the SAG and BAFTA Awards — two critical precursors — the Focus Features drama enters Oscar night in a strong position. This mirrors the trajectory of “Shakespeare in Love” (1998), which leveraged SAG and BAFTA only wins to upset presumed frontrunner “Sav...
deneme bonusu veren siteler - canlı bahis siteleri - casino siteleri casino siteleri deneme bonusu veren siteler canlı casino siteleri 301 Moved Permanently

301 Moved Permanently


nginx/1.24.0 (Ubuntu)